Thursday, May 28, 2009

just a kid whose been chosen



Well, this is the first post that I am writing as I am new to blogging . . . this may mean that I am wasting more of my life away by being on the computer, but I believe it will also be a way to express what's going on in my head and heart, sort of like a public journal as to Candace Aitken's life!

As I was going through the steps of creating the blog I was seriously stumped on what to title my blog. I confess that I looked at several friends' blogs to see what they entitled theirs! Oh, so shameful! Haha. However, not wanting to be unoriginal I prayed to God asking Him what He would like to see as a title.

Perhaps a little too spiritual as I thought "why would God care what I titled my blog page?" let alone why am I even praying about something so silly? But I prayed anyways and just waited . . . Quite ridiculous really that I couldn't think up either a witty title or something that could captivate my audience.

So, as the waiting continued, I decided to look at some pictures for inspiration. I eventually landed on the one as shown above. This picture was taken by my husband Cam while on our honeymoon. I think it was our second day staying at our Bed and Breakfast on Thetis Island.

I remember the mornings being incredibly beautiful as we had a balcony that overlooked a huge valley. I remember looking out the window, being very insightful and taking a moment to take everything in . . . a marriage that just happened and now a new life . . . two becoming one . . .

As I thought back to that moment, the title for my blog kinda came out of it: I'm just a kid, whose very in love with the Father, a sister to and co-heir with Jesus, a kid who is His servant who has been chosen. Needless to say the title became: just a kid whose been chosen. Anyways, I hope you enjoy reading my posts as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy posting them! Please feel free to comment and I will do my best in responding back! Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. hi Candace,

    welcome to the blog world! I do read friends blogs alot, though I don't have one of my own - look forward to hearing thoughts on your experiences soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wes! Hope you enjoy the reads!

    ReplyDelete